Even though it’s felt far from fall here in San Diego, I’m already loving more fall veggies like sweet potatoes and squash. And we naturally want heartier, warming foods as we move into this season. What are some of your favorite healthy fall dishes?
VEGETARIAN CURRY RECIPE
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat and brown 1 large onion diced.
- Add 4 cloves minced garlic and 1 tbsp grated ginger for a minute.
- Add in 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp ground coriander and 2 tsp cumin.
- Toss for a minute to toast.
- Add 2 cups coconut milk, 2 cups veggie broth, 1 cinnamon stick and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of your fav seasonal veggies, coarsely chopped (I used sweet potatoes, cauliflower and carrots), cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in one can of chickpeas, and 4 cups spinach lightly packed until wilted. Garnish with cilantro and freshly squeezed lime.